Vision of the College
Our vision is to transform our college into a Centre of excellence in the arena of higher education and contribute to the inclusive development of the country by generating quality human resources. The college aims at the holistic development of the young learners and hopes they are young citizens of the nation who are dependable, honest, committed and possess a sound value system. To build a young generation who can act as essential components in the process of cultural, socio-economic and environmentally sustainable development as individuals, communities and a nation is also our vision. The college is fully aware of educating not only the registered student but also a whole family. With this in mind, Debra Thana S.K.S. Mahavidyalaya aims at imparting an education that not only propels the students up the career ladder, but also empowers rural people including women and makes them independent and successful citizens. It is our vision to ensure a democratic, secular, cultured and intellectual environment so that students of all caste and creed can exchange their views and build themselves up to operate not only as responsible individuals but also as a productive, efficient and conscientious team.
Mission of the College
- To disseminate Higher Education to a large regional hinterland.
- To promote inclusive education and development amongst all economic sections of the society without gender bias.
- To provide an ambience that makes our students ethically strong and professionally competent and, thereby, contributing to a healthy and prosperous society.
- To encourage innovative thinking and creativity and inculcate research skills in our students.
- To optimize the use of available infrastructure for sustained development of the college.
- To supplement and enrich the existing curriculum through seminars.
- To propagate higher education amongst women.
- To equip and empower students with relevant knowledge, competence and creativity to face global challenges.
- To emphasize value education to create human resources with modern view and foresight who can contribute to the national development by catering to the needs of the economy, society and country as a whole.
- To restrain brain drain by gradually increasing the intake capacity in higher education in order to cope with the rapid increase in aspiring students in a scenario characterized by universalization and globalization of education.
- To promote analytical and empirical study in basic and social sciences, and humanities leading to contribution in higher level of research amongst the faculty members and students.